Sunday, 3 May 2015

culture montage

I feel that the pictures in the collage best symbolize the youth culture of the Singaporeans. The picture of Naomi Neo and Xiaxue represent the idols of the youths, and EXO shows the K-pop wave which overwhelmed us, with that particular group being one of the more popular ones. Crossy Road and Clash of Clans are popular games that we youngsters enjoy. Korean dramas and American cartoons are also some of the television shows we watch. However, nothing is as popular as social media, which is why it is at the centre of the collage. Social media like Instagram and Snapchat has kept numerous Singaporean youths glued to their phones. 




I chose the above pictures for both montages because I feel that they are popular in youths ( most searched online and most popular on surveys ) based on hearsay, I have heard about some of them too. My basis for choosing the photos is that they must be popular in youths and represents the country's culture to show the similarities and differences between both countries. 


No comments:

Post a Comment